· No aluminum
· No parabens
· No petrolatum
· No animal ingredients
· 24-hour odor protection
· Made in Fort Worth, Texas
Olive Tree put a lot of research and development into this product because we are passionate about delivering an effective product that is free from irritation and free from parabens and aluminum.
• Why should I care what is in my deodorant, as long as it works? Since underarm skin is much thinner than elsewhere on the body, chemicals applied to this area are more likely to permeate the skin and enter the lymphatic system.
• What is the active ingredient in Olive Tree Natural Deodorant? Magnesium hydroxide is the active ingredient in Olive Tree Natural Deodorant. It is a weak base, which gently but effectively neutralizes the acids created when bacteria multiply in the presence of sweat. Magnesium is a mineral that is essential to many functions in the human body. It benefits the heart, bones, muscles, immune system, and nervous system. Any magnesium that is absorbed transdermally from Olive Tree Natural Deodorant benefits the body.
• Why should I avoid aluminum and parabens in my deodorant? First, there is the breast cancer link. Both aluminum and parabens are known as estrogen mimickers, meaning that they mimic the behavior of estrogen in the body, which could potentially promote the growth of breast cancer tissue. Second, there is the Alzheimer’s link. A study of the brains of Alzheimer’s patients has revealed a buildup of a material called senile plaque, which causes the disease. Chemical analysis shows that aluminum was found at the core of these plaques. Unlike magnesium, aluminum has no beneficial function in the body and is toxic.
• I use a crystal deodorant; isn’t it safer than antiperspirants? No. Crystal deodorants contain potassium alum, which is short for potassium aluminum sulfate. It is a different form of aluminum than traditional antiperspirants, but it is still aluminum, which is widely recognized as a neurotoxin.
Ingredients: Propanediol, Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerin, Magnesium Hydroxide, Sodium Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Kaolin, Arrowroot Powder, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Castor Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Essential Oils, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin
Required Disclaimer: These statements and products have not been evaluated by
the US Food and Drug Administration. These statements and products are not
intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Those seeking
treatment for a specific disease should consult a qualified, alternative
physician prior to using these products. The experiences of others do not
guarantee or predict any outcome for another person.